Pages

Monday, 8 May 2017

A Red Rumped Dip !!! (08/05/17)

I was alerted to the presence of a Red Rumped Swallow at Grove seen by Mark Chidwick from the viewing ramp. After dinner I went to take a look and found Mark with Marc Heath, Sue Morton and Chris Gibbard. I stayed for an hour but unfortunately all the Swallows seen by Sue, Chris and myself were all common old Barn Swallows. I did get a year tick in the shape of a Ruff, seen feeding out on the mud and several times in flight as the local Lapwings chased it around the pool. There were quite a few Swifts present and a Marsh Harrier provided a good enough reason to have my camera with me.



Marc Heath manage a shot of the Red Rumped Swallow and can be seen here by clicking here.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers for the link Steve and a couple of nice Harrier shots.

    ReplyDelete